Thursday, May 28, 2009

The end...

I am leaving. I thought I might share a few of my favorite pictures. And just to shake it up a little bit, this morning at 2:30 there was a small earthquake, or tremor, whatever they call it in English. The epicenter was where we spent spring break. By the time I could figure out what was going on and get some pants on to go outside, it was over.

This girl loved to blow bubbles. I loved to take pictures.

This is Christian, by far my favorite English student. He is quite intelligent, but doesn´t try that hard and a full fledged goon.

Uh, this is me...maybe you can see why the full fledged goon in him appeals to me.

This is Javier, I just about kidnapped him. If I could support him I probably would have. He climbed on top of the tire pyramid and just kept saying ¨No me cayo,¨ ¨I don´t fall,¨ again and again for about ten minutes. He has the best disposition for a kid. Notice his boots. Half the time they are on the wrong feet. But he loves them.

And this is Ben. On the night we got stuck in the Basilica.


And here is what it is all about. Goodbye Esquipulas.


2 comments:

chris M said...

wow man! I'm really proud of you!
I hope we run into one another down the road! Let me know what's next.

Cathryn said...

Hi, I came across your blog while doing research for a playground I am building in Mindelo, Cape Verde.
I really enjoyed looking at the photos that you posted. Did you build the playground from material you found there? If you have any information that could help me I would really appreciate it. I especially love all of these structure that you made with tires!

My email is CathrynDuffy@gmail.com, and I also have a blog at cathrynincapeverde.blogspot.com

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you